Top guns register big victories

mmc vs fwfc

Laxmi Hyundai Manang Marshyangdi Club (MMC) thrashed Sudur Biscut Far-west FC 6-0, while Nepal Police Club (NPC) thumped Jagadamba Lumbini FC 4-1 in the Red Bull National League at the ANFA Complex grounds today.

Ruslan Three Star Club (TSC) came from behind to beat Morang FC 4-1 at Laxmi Marg grounds riding on a hat-trick from Santosh Sahukhala and a goal from Olawale after Tek Bahadur Limbu had put the home side ahead.

The match between Tribhuvan Army Club and Jhapa-XI was postponed due to wet outfield at Domalal Stadium in Jhapa. The match will now be held in Surunga after both the teams agreed to shift.

After the day's results, TSC climbed to the top of the table with 19 points from 10 matches, while MMC moved up to fourth with 16 points from nine games. NPC remained unmoved at the seventh spot with 12 points, while Lumbini are eighth with eight points and Morang remained at the bottom of the standing with six points.

In an one-sided affair, substitute Deepak Rai scored a brace, while Rupesh KC, Bishal Rai, Dodoz and Anil Gurung netted one each. MMC took the lead through Rupesh KC's goal in the 27th minute, who fired home from the box after a pass from Sujal Shrestha.

Unmarked Bishal Rai slotted home from six yards to double the tally in the 37th minute after Far-west goalkeeper Dev Limbu failed to clear the ball. Dodoz extended the lead in the first half injury time when he beat off-side trap to head home following a free kick from Bishal Rai. MMC netted two more goals in the second half. Skipper Anil Gurung scored in an open post in the 55th minute after being fed by Sushil KC, while Deepak Rai came off the bench and scored two goals to complete the rout.

Rai, who replaced Sushil KC, scored his first goal seven minutes later when his strike from the edge of the area kissed the nets. Fed by Shiva Shrestha, Rai completed the rout in the injury time with an easy goal from close range.

MMC coach Raju Kaji Shakya was satisfied with the result but was not happy with the players' attitude. "We should have scored many goals but the players started shooting randomly after getting comfortable lead," he said. "This is not good for the game. As a coach, I want the development of Nepali football and the players' attitude today was negative."

Far-west coach Kiran Shrestha said that their players were not ready for the match. "We went to the eastern region to play two away matches and the lengthy travel took its toll on the players," Shrestha said. Far-west played two matches on September 19 and 21 in Morang and Jhapa before coming to Kathmandu for the clash.

In the day's second match, NPC thumped Lumbini riding on a hat-trick from Binod Karki and a goal from Bharat Shah. Lumbini got to the scoresheet, thanks to an own goal from NPC goalkeeper Ritesh Thapa. Karki scored his first goal in the 32nd minute when he chipped over Lumbini goalie Manoj Gurung after receiving the ball from skipper Jumanu Rai. Fed by Bharat Shah, Karki doubled the tally in the 45th minute scoring from the box.

Bharat Shah made it 3-0 moments before the break with a clinical finish after beating off-side trap. Lumbini were gifted with an own goal in the 49th minute when from NPC custodian Thapa put the ball into his own nets after defender Bijay Dhimal gave an unsuccessful chase to a back pass. Karki completed his hat-trick in the 54th minute scoring in an unattended post.

Click here for league fixtures and standings

Content/Photo: THT